What information does Tinman Design collect about me?
Tinman Design ID, registration and customer support
When you register to use a Tinman Design website or application, create a Tinman Design ID, or contact us for support or other offerings, Tinman Design collects information that identifies you. This may include your name, company name, email address, or payment information. We may also sometimes collect other information that does not identify you, such as your job title or industry. Some of this information is required and other information is optional. To help keep our databases current and to provide you the most relevant content and experiences, we may combine information from you with information from public sources and our trusted partners, in accordance with applicable law. For example, from these sources, we may learn the company size and industry of our business customers.
Tinman Design websites and applications
We collect information about how you use our websites and applications, including when you use a desktop product feature that takes you online (such as a photo syncing feature). We may collect information that your browser or device typically sends to our servers whenever you visit a Tinman Design website, or when a Tinman Design desktop product feature takes you online. For example, your browser or device may tell us your IP address (which may tell us generally where you are located) and the type of browser and device you used. When you visit a Tinman Design website, your browser may also tell us information such as the page that led you to our website and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our website. Tinman Design may collect information about how you use our websites and applications by using cookies and similar technologies, and our servers may collect similar information when you are logged in to the website or application. Depending on the website or application, this information may be anonymous or it may be associated with you.
Tinman Design product activation and automatic updates
When you activate your Tinman Design product, we collect certain information about your device, the Tinman Design product, and your product serial number. Some of our products include features that connect to our servers and offer you the ability to install updates to the product. We may keep track of information such as whether the update was successful or not.
Tinman Design emails
Emails we send you may include a web beacon that tells Tinman Design whether you have received or opened the email, or clicked a link within the email. If you do not want us to collect this information from Tinman Design marketing emails, you can opt out of receiving Tinman Design marketing emails.
Tinman Design online advertising
Tinman Design advertises online in a variety of ways, including displaying Tinman Design ads to you across the Internet on websites and in apps. We collect information about which ads are displayed, which ads are clicked on, and on which web page the ad was displayed.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
Tinman Design social networking pages and social sign-on services
Tinman Design has its own pages on many social networking sites (for example, the Tinman Design® team’s Facebook page). You may also be able to sign in to a Tinman Design website or application using a social networking account, such as a Facebook account. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages or use these sign-on features.
How does Tinman Design use the information it collects about me?
Tinman Design uses the information we collect about you in a number of ways, such as:
• Providing you with the Tinman Design websites and applications for which you have registered, as well as any services, support, or information you have requested
• Better understanding how our websites and applications are being used so we can improve them
• Diagnosing problems in our websites and applications
• Tailoring a website, application, or Tinman Design marketing to your likely interests
• Sending you business messages such as those related to payments or expiration of your subscription
• Sending you information about Tinman Design, new application releases, special offers, and similar information (learn more)
• Conducting market research about our customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
• Reducing fraud, software piracy, and protecting our customers as well as Tinman Design
• As further described for a specific Tinman Design website or application
What information is collected when companies use online services hosted by Tinman Design?
Tinman Design offers “hosted services” to many companies. This means that data is gathered and stored on our computers for use by other companies. In these situations, your relationship is typically only with that company.
What are cookies and how does Tinman Design use them?
Does Tinman Design share my personal information?
Tinman Design works with companies that help us run our business. These companies provide services such as delivering customer support, processing credit card payments, and sending emails on our behalf. In some cases, these companies have access to some of your personal information in order to provide services to you on our behalf. They are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Tinman Design may also share your personal information:
• When you agreed to the sharing.
• With our resellers and other sales partners if you are a business customer and agreed to receive Tinman Design marketing communications. Note that we do not share personal information about consumers with third parties for their own marketing purposes unless the consumer agreed to that sharing.
• When we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process.
• When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our websites or applications against attacks, or protect the property and safety of Tinman Design, our customers and users, or the public.
• If we merge with or are acquired by another company; we sell a Tinman Design website, application, or business unit or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company. In those cases your information will likely be one of the assets that is transferred.
We may share or publish aggregate information that doesn’t specifically identify you, such as statistical information about visitors to our websites or statistical information about how customers use our applications and hosted services.
Is my personal information displayed anywhere on Tinman Design’s websites or applications?
To remove content you have shared on our websites and applications, please use the same website or application feature you used to share the content. If another user invites you to participate in shared viewing, editing, or commenting of content, you may be able to delete your contributions, but usually the user that invited you has full control. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact us.
Is my personal information secure?
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective and Tinman Design cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Where does Tinman Design store my personal information?
Your personal information and data files are stored on Tinman Design’s servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. Your personal information may be transferred across national borders because we have servers located worldwide and the companies we hire to help us run our business are located in different countries around the world.
How can I review, update, or delete my personal information?
Many of our websites and applications allow you to edit your personal information by accessing the "my account," "my profile," or similar feature of the website or application you are using.
If you want to delete your Tinman Design ID account, please email your request to privacy@TinmanDesign.com. Note that we need to retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons and that some of your information may remain on backup systems, in compliance with applicable law.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the websites and applications you are eligible to use with your Tinman Design ID, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements.
Will Tinman Design market to me?
The Tinman Design family of companies and companies we hire to help us market our websites and applications on our behalf may use your information to provide you with information and offers related to Tinman Design. We give you choices regarding our marketing practices.
Does Tinman Design participate in any privacy programs?
Tinman Design Systems Incorporated (our U.S. company) adheres to the European Union Safe Harbor Privacy Program.
Who can I contact with questions or concerns?